Monday, July 29, 2013

Who wants to be smarter than me?

Wow, check out this book - it's about dogs and math!  Don't those dogs look somewhat smart?  Of course, they're not quite as smart as me, but that's OK.




Most dogs are smart cookies.  For example, I have excellent eyesight, hearing and smell - that explains why I am on top of what's happening in my world.  I kind of know a little bit about math, but that's an area of weakness for us dogs.

For example, I get 2 dinners and 2 desserts every day.  If my Mom or Dad try to cheat me, I'm on the case - I let my needs known by sitting near my food bowl (for my Mom) or barking and jumping (for my Dad). 

This is what worries me:

My Mom gives me one cup of food in the morning and one cup of food in the late afternoon.  How do I know if I'm getting enough dog food?  I can't count the pieces or weigh the food.  WHAT IF I DON'T GET ENOUGH FOOD? 

Now you're really lucky - you can count, add, subtract, etc.  However, you do need to MEMORIZE your math facts so you don't get CHEATED - like I could.

Like I always say, the smarter you are, the happier you are.  MEMORIZE your math facts as soon as possible so you can succeed in school.  My Mom is a teacher, and she tells me that it makes a HUGE difference when her students have MEMORIZED their math facts.  Being an intelligent dog, I ALWAYS listen to what my Mom says so you should, too, especially when it comes to those math facts.  Start practicing now - right away.  Otherwise, it could be RUFF going in school next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment