Friday, June 14, 2013

Bunnies are everywhere these days!

Before I came to live in this house, my family had a Brittany spaniel who they called Britt.  Amazingly, Britt used to look out the back sliding door all the time, too.  Like they say - great minds think alike.  Well, any way, my Dad used to call it "Britt TV" when Britt looked out the back sliding door.  Here's a picture of Britt in the TV room:


Now that I have taken over as the family dog, I am continuing the tradition of keeping track of every single animal that passes by.  Believe me - my yard is a very busy place - we have bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, and on occasion, possums.  The possums come out at night, but since I have laser night-vision, I know when they're out there.  Plus I have a special extra-ferocious bark that I use to signal that there's a particularly sinister intruder.

Here's what I do when the bunny's outside my window:

Can you see that bunny?  He's right there.

Yesterday, the bunny was right in front of my eyes, on the other side of the glass.  I was barking so hard that I fogged up the window.

Any way, I have come to realize that possums are smarter than bunnies - when I bark, possums skedaddle.  Not bunnies, they're like sitting ducks - they refuse to move.

Like I always say, before you turn on your TV, look out the window.  There's a whole beautiful world out there full of amazing sights and creatures.  Believe me, you haven't lived until you've seen a possum.  Check out the world around you, and you'll see that there is so much to observe and learn.  As you can tell, I'm a bunny expert.  Plus, why watch TV when you can watch what's happening in your own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment