Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Dad wants to go to Weight Watchers! Does that mean less food for me?

My Dad always says he understands how I feel when it comes to eating because he absolutely loves to eat as much as I love to eat.  Unfortunately, this (over)eating has had undesirable consequences.  My Dad has gained weight, and now he wants to go to Weight Watchers.  Not only that, he will go ONLY IF my mom goes, too.  These are my questions/concerns:

1.  Does that mean he's not going to give me delicious leftovers from his plate?  Now he's probably going to lick the plate clean since he'll be so hungry.  LICKING THE PLATE IS MY JOB!

2.  Am I going to lose weight, too?  I did gain a few pounds, but I'm NOT going on a diet.  After all, I am still a sleek and shapely dog.

3.  I do not like carrots or asparagus as a treat.  Although I do like bananas and apples; they're much tastier.

Look at how happy he looks in the picture.  Not me, I'm horrified by the idea of him going on a diet.  I need to have as many crumbs/leftover food as possible.  This Weight Watchers news is not good news as far as I'm concerned.

Also, my mom is hoping that another person will come forward to accompany my Dad to Weight Watchers.  So, if you have any interest, please let me know as soon as possible.  It's bad enough that one of them will be on a diet; I don't want both of them to reduce the amount of food I get.

Like I always say:

Crumbs and little treats can be just as satisfying as big treats.  I'll take whatever I can get even if it is a little amount.  Now I have to teach my Dad to appreciate the small treats in life.  That way he can get off this diet as soon as possible, and we can return to our normal way of eating.  Remember, it's the little things that count, even when it comes to treats. 

You get what you get,
and you don't get upset. 
If you eat too much,
you go on a diet.

 A little treat is better than NO treat at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment