Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baths and Bows (the type you wear on your ears)



Every two months, I get sent to Janet the Groomer.  My mom's friend, Paula, comes along to keep us company and to help out.  I have come to enjoy my bimonthly pampering.  Two issues I do have are:

1.  I like smelling like a dog!  Today at the dog park, I rolled in dirt, grass and poop.  I smelled amazing!  On top of that, it was raining, and nothing beats that wet dog smell.  Now I smell clean - like dog shampoo.  They should invent dog shampoo that preserves my natural dog aroma.  It's going to take me all week to smell like a normal dog again.

2. I am not a girly girl dog who wears bows!  Look at those red bows - it's not a natural look for a tomboy like me.  And, to make it worse, everyone makes such a HUGE deal over how beautiful and cute I look.  Then they want to take my picture, etc.  Look at this picture - do I look amused?  I think the message is clear - my face says it all - please, leave me in peace to recover from this humiliation.

 For the good news of the day, it was my dad's birthday - he's 55 years old!  Let's see - that's about 8 dog years.  Any way, he gives me lots of treats, and I love that!  I love him, too, but I especially love him when he gives me treats.

Like I always say, you deserve a treat today and every day.  Reward yourself for working hard.  Be thankful you don't have to wear bows on your ears.  Make sure to get dirty every day. Dirt connects you to the Earth, and it smells good, too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabby....please tell your dad I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    cc

    ReplyDelete