Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Patches!/My Physical

Guess who had a birthday on Valentine's Day?  Check out my new and adorable friend, Patches, the dog:


Patches is 12 years old.  He looks amazing for his age, doesn't he?  Patches lives with a teacher at my Mom's school.  Do you know who it is?

Plus, look how he can sit on top of the couch to look out the window!  My cousin, Lulu, the puppy, does the same thing.  Little dogs really do have an advantage in this area.  If I tried to sit on the top of the couch, I would tumble right off.  Oh, well, there's nothing I can do since I won't be shrinking any time soon.

Yesterday I had a very stressful situation.  My Mom said, "Come along."  That usually means I'm going on an adventure like a walk or a ride to the dog park.  Well, not this time because I ended up at VCA Animal Hospital for a physical.  When I first got there, there was this HUGE dog named Henry who was so excited to see me that he was choking himself.  Me, I just ignored him since I was trying to figure out how to escape.  Don't worry - I didn't escape; Henry got to go sit in his car instead.

After that, my Mom and I went into a little room where I stared at the door so my Mom would get the message:  GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW!


I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my Mom didn't listen.  Then a nice girl took me to get weighed, but I was nervous and peed on the floor.

Then, the nice doctor came in.  She said that I am a smart dog because of my eyes.  She also said that I have the teeth of a much younger dog.  My Mom shared my secret to clean teeth:  I eat sticks.  See - even without knowing it - I have a real reason for eating sticks.  Most importantly, the doctor gave me some treats which is a sure way to win me over - even if I had to get A LOT of shots.  I even took a picture with her.  Her name is Dr. Pelletier:


See - I'm still licking my chops because I enjoyed my treats so much.

Like I always say, life is not always easy.  Some times you just have to work through these stressful situations which usually end happily, especially if you get a treat.  Hey, I wonder if Patches got a special treat for his birthday.  Well, being in my blog is a special treat - even if you can't eat it.  Plus, I'm always happy to share the limelight with my friends and my doctor.  What a generous and healthy dog I am! 




No comments:

Post a Comment