Monday, August 26, 2013

It's National Dog Day - August 26th!!!!!

It's a happy holiday today known as National Dog Day!  This holiday was started in 2004 to bring attention to shelter dogs - I USED TO BE A SHELTER DOG!  Actually, I lived in a crate at the VCA Animal Hospital - I guess that's close enough to being a shelter.  Luckily, my family came along and decided to take me home.  I went from a crate to this:

Yes, my life took a definite turn for the better when my family adopted me.  I am A VERY LUCKY DOG!  As you can see in this picture, I get to join in Sunday dinner because my Dad LOVES to share his food with me.  If you look closely at his plate, you can tell that I've already licked it clean, and now I'm trying to see if I can mooch any other goodies from him. 

Like I always say, EVERY DAY IS NATIONAL DOG DAY if you have a family who loves you.  Hey, that means that every day is a holiday for me, and guess what?  It's true!  Make sure to celebrate your dog today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment