Monday, October 21, 2013

How to communicate without words

As you know, dogs cannot speak with words.  It can be very frustrating for me sometimes because I can't seem to get my family to know what I mean.  Of course, my Dad usually gives up and gives me a treat.  That's not so bad, but there are times when I have to resort to other means of communication.  For example, I was sitting on my couch looking into the kitchen to see if my Mom was about to eat anything.  I ALWAYS have my ears open for sounds like the refrigerator or the cabinets.  I wouldn't want to miss out on any food opportunities.

Any way, I was just looking at her, and the next thing I know, she gets the camera.  UGH, I didn't want to get my picture taken so this is what I did:


I think I got my message across, don't you?  I DO NOT WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN!


Like I always say, pay attention to what your dog or another person does.  Obviously, I didn't want to get my picture taken, but that didn't stop my Mom from taking my picture.  Be on the lookout for non-verbal cues or hints.  People can also "say" things without using words.  I can usually tell by a person's tone of voice if they're happy or angry.  Plus, check out the person's body language.  Of course, you can always get annoying people - like my Mom - who doesn't listen any way.  Sometimes you're better off just turning your back and putting your snout in the corner.  You can't get in too much trouble if you're just minding your own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment