Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hooray! It's Halloween and my Birthday!!!!!

Today is a very special day in my life.  It's my birthday!

Actually, when the Dog Officer took me from my first family, he forgot to ask when my birthday was.  I guess it must have slipped his mind.  Any way, when I went to live at the VCA Animal Hospital, they had to estimate my age and when my birthday would be.  They told my Mom that my birthday would be at the end of October.  My Mom, who can be rather forgetful, decided my birthday should be on Halloween, October 31st.  Plus, our good friend, Lisa (Casey, the Dog's, Mom) has a Halloween birthday.  How exciting is that!  I get to share my birthday with Lisa!

My Mom and Dad have already said Happy Birthday to me.  Some dogs - not me - get a birthday cake.  Check out this example:

 
How cute is that!  I hope it's meat flavored because dogs like the taste of meat rather than sugar.
 
Like I always say, celebrate your birthday by having a delicious treat - like that cake - YUM!  When it's someone's birthday, make the person feel very special.  I hope I made Lisa feel special because I'm wishing her a Happy Birthday in my blog.  This is the first time I've wished anyone a happy birthday in my blog. 
 
Also, have a safe and happy Halloween.  Be super careful when you're walking in the dark, especially when you cross the street.  Enjoy a special treat for me, too, since it's my birthday.  By the way, I'm 6 dog years old; that's 42 in human years.  Luckily, I'm still younger than my Mom and Lisa.  Oh, well, age is just a number, isn't it?
 

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABI ...no bones about it...you are one special dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored to share my birthday with my canine friend, Gabi. Halloween is a fun day to have a birthday as there is always a lot of activity. Gabi can greet the trick-or-treaters as they come to the house. I dressed up as a witch this year to answer the door , for the first time ever. Casey was fine with it .. but Scouts ears went back and she didn't know what to make of me !! Hope you had a good day Gabi ... and until next Halloween, have a great year !

    ReplyDelete