Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Birthday and Happy Pointing!

Today I want to wish happy birthday to my grandfather who turned 81 years old last week on November 21st.  Here he is standing next to a person with a bird on his shoulder:
 
 
 
 
I really LOVE my grandfather because he LOVES to give me treats like Munchkins.  Anyone who gives me treats is one of my favorite people.
 
This is another first for my blog.  I'm getting to wish Happy Birthday to another dog.  Last week was Poppy, the dog's birthday, too.  Her birthday was on November 20th, and she turned 8.
 
 
Unlike me, I wonder if Poppy got a birthday cake.  I'll have to find out.
 
Over the weekend, I went for a walk in the forest with my Mom AND my Dad.  When I'm in the forest, I like to keep my Mom up to date with any animal sightings.  This is what I do if I think there might be an animal nearby:
 
 


This is called pointing.   Pointing involves lifting one of my front paws and looking toward where an animal could be.  Notice how I point with my whole body.  Dogs point to alert their owner that an animal is in the area.  After all, it is my very important job to protect my Mom and Dad from any danger.  I am exceptional at pointing because I can SEE, HEAR AND SMELL better than any person.  My Mom should be thanking me for doing such an awesome job keeping her safe because I take my job very seriously.

Here's another important point.  This is one of the very few times my Mom actually listens to me.  She stops and looks because she wants to see the animal.

Like I always say, celebrate any and all birthdays of anyone you know.  Most importantly, pay attention to your dog's body language.  If I didn't do this, my Mom would never know about the possibility of seeing a forest animal.  She actually gets excited to see animals in the forest - JUST LIKE ME!  Be on the lookout today for something exciting to see today. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment